"Before I saw you perform, I had a different idea about belly dancing. But, now I can say that you dance with heart, and I find a divinity within your dance!"
-Alo Basu, Speaker on Hindu Philosphy, Calcutta, India, January 2010
||"Daleela will dazzle your eyes with her high energy, passionate and daring dance routines that include double veils, spinning swords, dramatic drops and scintillating shimmies. Don't miss her truly captivating performances!"
-Majida Magdalena, Master Teacher, 32 years
"My goodness, you were incredible last night!!! You were everything that I had imagined based on what I heard from so many people. Your joyous personality and belief in the dance came through with your every move". --Zibazan Harobed
- Featured dancer on Jambination's India Tour 2009-2010
- Featured on India's R Plus TV News, Star Ananda TV and several major Indian newspapers including: The Telegraph, Icore Ekdin, The Kolkata Mirror and The Calcutta Times (please see India Tour Page)
- Recipient of the prestigious Sacramento Elly-Award (which honors outstanding achievement in the Dramatic Arts)
- Featured in Sacramento Magazine, The Sacramento Bee, and on Channel 3
- University of California, Regent's Scholar - The most prestigious scholarship on the UC Davis campus - top 4%
- Certified by the Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission
- Featured Dancer in the East Indian Film, Daulat
- Award winning dancer in Ms. America of the Belly Dance - 1996
- Lead dancer/actress in multiple, award winning theatrical plays
- Featured on Numerous Television Shows
- Trained/performed in Egypt, the Motherland of the Dance
- International shows: India, Egypt, Morocco, Peru, Costa Rica, Nepal
- Masters in Psychology and a Minor in Music
- Author of, Belly Dance Wisdom, featured on KCRA Channel 3's Common Ground, The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Magazine, The Davis Aggie, and The Gilded Serpent.
- Author of, I Know Who I Am When I Belly Dance, featured in The Sacramento Bee
- Performing for 23 years
|Image by Tommy Gleason
In her other life, Daleela practices Shamanic Belly Dance and is a Shamanic Therapist/Practitioner. As part of her shamanic practice, she teaches others how to connect to the Creator and a higher spiritual realm through movement, particularly using movements stemming from one's power center or navel area. Belly dance is an earthy dance centered in the pelvis, hips and abdomen. It therefore grounds you, centers you in your power before you dare journey to other realms. There is a way to release one's spirit through the use of the body. There is a way to meet our creator through connecting more deeply to our creature hood and our bodies. This is a different train of thought than the belief that one must transcend the body to reach a higher state of consciousness.
Shamanic Dance & Shamanic Counseling Qualifications
- Experienced therapist of Native Peruvian heritage
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy
- 4.5 years training in Core Shamanism (Harner Method) with Shaman, Paula Denham
- Training in the Isterfen Celtic Shamanic Tradition with Shaman and Healer, Allyn Sims.
- Daleela works with Sacred Smoke in the Aztec Mexicatl Tradition
- Currently training with Aztec Lightworker & Curandero, Copal.
- Initiated into the Mesa Carrying Lineage of the Peruvian Andes.
- Mesa Carrier from the Q'ero Tradition of the high Andes of Peru. A mesa is an Andean medicine bag
- Initiated into the ancient, Pampa Mesayok Lineage of the High Andes of Peru
- Led Sacred Dance workshops at East West Bookshop, Fiesta Dance'N Fitness and UC Davis
- Sacred Dance Performances - Calcutta, India - 2009
Daleela's Home Page